Throughout our history, we've developed numerous Australia and world-first digital products, as well as technological breakthroughs that have cascaded through our industry.
Some of Flexicast's major product innovation milestones include:
- 1993: We launched Qwiktext, an interactive teletext product that gave punters instant access to more than 900 pages of sports data. We sold 2,500 into NSW TABs, some of which are still in use today!
- 2007: We launched the Australian Price Network's official real-time product, offering live bookies' prices direct to licensed venues from the betting ring. We also partnered with bookmaker Robbie Waterhouse on the launch, co-branding his ratings and tips and delivering that content to venues via our platform.
- 2007: Flexicast's own rating service, Hotpicks, launches. The service tabulates racing results and betting market fluctuations to provide Australia's most widely used tipping services.
- 2008: Live Odds TV launches, with the product ushering in a new era for in-venue odds presentation in Australia. Specific innovations include readability, reliability and a data format that allowed for less TVs to present the same volume of content. In 2012, the platform was rebuild from the ground up and relaunched as Edge, today Flexicast's number one product.
- 2011: Flexicast's Sport+, Australia's first overhead sports display was launched, featuring an attractive profile and graphical innovations such as our head-to-head format, which visualises the matchup of competing teams to clearly illustrate patterns in form and odds.
- 2013: we launched eFORM, the first commercially available electronic form wallsheet in Australia and a major technological breakthrough for venues.
- 2015: Flexicast launches Listen, a tech product that beams audio from remote TVs to speakers on a customer's mobile device. The platform is today regarded as the most technically advanced (low latency, signal durability) of its kind.
- 2017: Flexicast 3D, Australia's first sports wagering display to feature 3D graphics is launched, another industry-leading innovation from Flexicast.