Welcome to the Flexicast newsletter for August.
As you will all know from last month's newsletter, our eFORM product is now in full release and has commenced rolling out throughout the country. With around 350 units already in the marketplace, spread across 55 venues, eFORM is being met with wide acceptance by both venues and patrons.
Venues like the ease of use, and the cost savings from not having to manage paper wall sheets, and patrons tell us they enjoy the convenience and usability, and the ability to see all races for the day in one place.
This installation is at the Olympic Hotel in Preston Vic
Flexicast will once again be exhibiting at the Australasian Gaming Expo and we would love to see you there. Featuring more than 180 exhibitors across 15,000 square metres of exhibition space, the Australasian Gaming Expo is easily the biggest event of its type in Australia and one of the world’s biggest.
Online registration for the show is available at
http://www.austgamingexpo.com/registration.html so please register and come visit us at stand 1217
We will be exhibiting our full range of products, including Edge, Sport+, Hotpicks, APN and of course our new eFORM.
Call in and catch up with Clive and Steve and check out all of our latest offerings.
SmartPOS is intelligent point of sale integrated into several of our channel suites during idle time such as after the last race, or in the case of sports, when there are no live events imminent.
This additional part of our service will require no staff attention, no extra service costs and no network or hardware changes to the equipment you have in place. SmartPOS is yet another step towards reducing the amount of time your staff need to devote to running your TAB area.
SmartPOS on BetLive is online right now, and SmartPOS will be coming to the EDGE channel suite from Monday the 5th of August. Click here for the full details of SmartPOS or call us for more information on how to put SmartPOS to work in your venue.
There are few things more stressful in most venues, than when systems fail. If your screens all of a sudden go dead, your punters are annoyed, and your turnover is suffering, so it is imperative that you get them back up fast.
One of the most useful things that you can have (apart from the number for Flexicast support - 1800 676 705 ) is an up to date plan of your Flexicast network. This document will mean that you can quickly give the support tech all of the information they will need to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
A network plan is invaluable, especially when you remember that the Flexicast team member you speak to will probably never have seen your venue, and of course, there is always a possibility that when things go wrong, the person who normally handles all technical issues, or who looks after your TAB will be off duty.
In order to be prepared, here are the things we suggest you do:
1) Draw a diagram of your venue and all of the screens you use. Identify which screens are which and write this on the plan ie: Feature Wall, Top Left, Racewall far right (Please note that it is preferable that you identify your screens by their locations, rather than their current use, as the use may change in the future, causing cofusion).
2) Identify your Internet modem (where the Internet first comes into your venue) and mark it on your plan.
3) If you are using wireless adaptors, locate your wireless access point (It is labelled Flexicast Wireless Router) and note its location on your plan.
4) If possible, identify the cable that connects your internet modem to the Flexicast wireless router, and label it on both ends. Either use a label maker, or write your labels on paper and stick to the wires with clear sticky tape.
5) Locate your Flexicast terminators. These will be attached to your screens by a cable, and will probably be located quite close to your screens (try in the cupboard below the screens, or in the ceiling above).
6) Once you have located these, draw or write on your plan where they can be found in an emergency.
Identify these terminators one by one by logging into the Flexicast screen www.flexicast.com and viewing the terminator number adjacent to each channel ie:
(eg: The Edge, Tote & Fixed Odds – 4th Next to go screen shown above, is Terminator T2D20B0 )
7) Each terminator has a number on a sticker on it that corresponds with this terminator number ie: T****** . Write the terminator number on your plan coinciding with the screen it controls. If you wish, you can also label the physical terminator with details of the screen it controls, either with a label, or a marker pen.
Your network plan can now be kept handy in case it is ever needed. Perhaps make a copy or 2, just to be on the safe side. If you need to phone support, please have your plan handy. It will mean that we can get your screens up and running again with the minimum of downtime.
If you have any questions regarding your network plan, or anything else please call Flexicast on 1800 676 705. We will be more than happy to assist you.